To continue the showcase of young entrepreneurs I asked Gareth Duncan to share his five tips that make for a good and prosperous entrepreneur.
FIVE TIPS FOR A GOOD & PROSPEROUS ENTREPRENEUR
- Take risks, but be calculated. Be aware of the pros and cons before making big decisions.
- Back yourself. Always. You will never achieve anything if you don’t put in the necessary effort and make the required sacrifices. Always remember “entrepreneurship is living life in a way that most people won’t, so that one day, you can live life in a way that most people can’t” (Warren G Tracy’s student).
- Once you spot the gap, hit it hard. Whether it’s a gap in your community or on a national scale, be sure you get maximum return on all your business opportunities.
- Customer service is important, especially during the beginning stages. One happy client could earn you 10 more.
- Embrace new technology and social media. There are many effective ways in the digital age to grow your business and give it exposure, which doesn’t have to be costly.